[Zope] MySQL loosing connection (Was: [Zope] Database connections)

Paulo Eduardo Neves neves@inf.puc-rio.br
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 18:31:53 -0300

Paul Everitt wrote:
> >    It is bad, as I have many databases, so Zope eats up
> > memory. Another
> > problem - what would do Zope if I restart Postgres (so all current
> > connections break)? Would Zope reestablish connections or just report
> > error?
>
> It should re-establish the connection.  If it doesn't then there's a
> bug.  This works fine with all the Database Adapters I've used.

I've just hit something similar in the mysql client. The mysql client
has a time-out to close the connection with the server. I'm using it in
a test environment where it isn't accessed frequently. The connection is
automatically closed and I have to manually close and open the database
connection.

Has anyone already fixed it? Excuse me if it has already been asked in
the list, but the egroups site isn't working.

regards,
--
Paulo Eduardo Neves
PUC-Rio de Janeiro