[Zope] The best way to pack and close PickleDictionary?

Kevin Ehmka ehmka@yahoo.com
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 12:09:04 -0800 (PST)

Previously, using Bobo, I created several PickleDictionaries for use on
my website. Regularly, I would pack these databases before ending the
CGI call since they were altered very frequently.

Now, using Zope, I find that I cannot pack them without receiving error
messages telling me I'm attempting to write while the database is in
read-only mode (it appears the Zope threads out the packing). I also
found that Zope caches these databases and issues an error when I
attempt to open them again.

What is the best way to pack and close these databases? How can I query
which db's have been opened? Even if I do keep a mapping of previously
opened db's, how can I find out if Zope is closing them.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin