[Zope] Frustrating

Shaw, Howard ShawH@STHS.org
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 07:17:28 -0600

First thing, if your product is broken you won't get anywhere. So, first
step is to delete the broken product, and shutdown and restart your zope
server. This is because Zope apparently won't replace a broken product
with a working one.

If it is still broken, click on it, and then on the screen that comes
up, look for the 'traceback' tab on the top of the screen. Copy this
traceback and mail it to the list.

If your product no longer says broken, then you will be able to go to a
folder above where you want to use SQL methods, and from the pull-down
menu beside the add button, choose to install the SQL Adapter.

I don't know for certain the format for the connection string, but if
you go to <zope_homedir>/lib/python/Products/ and look in the directory
for the ZPyGreSQLDA and read the top of any *.py file you see, it should
say.

Once you have a working adapter, you can add an SQL Method, and it will
list your adapter's id on its list of db connections.

From this point on the documentation in the SQL Guide should be
sufficient.

Good luck!

Howard C. Shaw III