[Zope] URL problems.

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 08:53:22 -0500

First off, your the first person (I think) that has come forward with
the information that they are using any version of NES higher than 2.0,
which is what the nscgiauth plugin was written for.  As I have heard
(but don't know) there were some significant changes between the 2.0 and
higher versions of the NSAPI.  So, that you got it to work at all is
pretty good.

> When I try to add items to the site through the manage screen, I get:
>
>         Not Found
>
>         The requested object does not exist on this server.
> The link you
> followed is either outdated,
>         inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to
> let you have
> it. Please inform the site
>         administrator of the referring page.
>
> When I open the frame into a new window, I see that the URL looks
> something like:
>
> http://www.foo.bar.net/Zope/GATE/manage/.?%3Amethod=manage_add
> DTMLDocumentForm
>
> When I edit the URL by hand to remove the "."

This is unreported behavior, which leads me to think that nscgiauth
needs a little tweaking.  As nscgiauth is unsuported you will have to
experiment with this a little.

>http://www.foo.bar.net/Zope/GATE/manage/?%3Amethod=manage_addDTMLDocume
ntForm

>It works fine. What is going on here, and what do I need to do to
change
>it? I plan on having other people from other departments access
resourses
>on Zope to create their own objects, and I need this to work right out
of
>the box.

If your looking to showcase this and you can't spend any time working on
nscgiauth, I would suggest using either Apache, ZServer, ZopeHTTPServer,
or IIS, all of which Zope runs out of the box with.

-Michel