[Zope] lock error: EEXIST

Chris Larson clarson@changeling.com
Tue, 4 May 1999 21:21:14 -0500

On 5/4/99 6:43 PM , Jeff Bauer jbauer@rubic.com said:

>This is one I haven't seen before (although I'm responsible
>for putting it in there ;-).  I'm not at a place where I
>can review the code, but I'll bet the error means the semaphore
>has locked the process from starting.  This is to prevent a
>race condition from multiple pcgi processes being launched.
>
>What kind of system/environment are you running on?

Jeff,

Wow! Thanks for the quick response. To further things a bit, check my
last message to the list.

Here's a paraphrased uname, if it helps:
Linux --- 2.0.36 #1 Mon Mar 15 14:23:33 CST 1999 i686 unknown

Running Zope 1.10.2, var is located at /tmp to get past nfs. Python
version 1.5.1. Apache/1.2.6.

Anything else you need? I'm having really weird problems now. Look at my
'span-is implication' message. I feel the EEXISTS is somehow tied in to
the indentation thing. At least it is triggered by attempting to view the
indented version of index_html.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again,

Chris