[Zope] External methods, DocumentTemplate and EPSF

raver@box.dust.za.net raver@box.dust.za.net
Wed, 5 May 1999 18:31:55 -0100

Hello all!

I have some questions conserning external methods...

First:
In an external method ( def ex_meth(self) ) self is reffering to the folder
object containing the method that actually does the call? (this is how I
understand the documentation) - how can I access the variables in the
calling methods namespace?

Second:
I use three different DTML methods (contents, navbar and links) to make up
the backbone of my pages, all three are called from one main setup method
(main). Main is aqusitioned by the different folders, the rest of the
methods are spesial to each folder. Question is - how can I access these
methods from an external method and add and use them in external python string
format (EPSF) so that the return from the external method will display a
page with the normal backbone build?

Third:
How can I pass variables made in an external method back to the calling
method so that it'll be available there?

Help is much appreciated.

Sture Lygren