[Zope] External methods, DocumentTemplate and EPSF

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Wed, 5 May 1999 12:46:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 5 May 1999 raver@box.dust.za.net wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> I have some questions conserning external methods...
>
> First:
> In an external method ( def ex_meth(self) ) self is reffering to the folder
> object containing the method that actually does the call? (this is how I
> understand the documentation)

Yes - but remember there is a distinction between DTML Methods and
DTML Documents.

- how can I access the variables in the
> calling methods namespace?

normal python convention:
self.title
self.navbar
etc

> Third:
> How can I pass variables made in an external method back to the calling
> method so that it'll be available there?

just 'return' the variables. For instance:

def test(self):
	return [1,2,3]

<!--# in test -->

I am not sure I inderstand your second question.

Pavlos