[Zope] Could we migrate Zope email to a news group?

Mike Pelletier mike@compar.com
Wed, 5 May 1999 12:52:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 5 May 1999, Paul Jackson wrote:

> ah - then how about we have a dedicated server, just for
> the zope group, but keep it in the usenet hierarchy, so
> that some other portion of the universe (apparently not
> including yourself ') that has reliable usenet feeds will
> gain greater and more convenient access to that same group.

    If there were a publicly accessible server that only carried
comp\..*\..zope.* and which could be agreed upon as the "canonical server",
I'd be happy as a clam.  As an ex-newsmaster, the idea of relying entirely
upon USENET scares the willies out of me.

    I apologise for the gratuitous regexp.  These things seem to have a way
of escalating.

Mike.

--
       ---              | Mike Pelletier             Work: 519-746-1607
        /opeware!       | Software Developer         Home: 519-725-7710