[Zope] Creating a class in an external method

Ben Derstine bend@realeducation.com
Thu, 6 May 1999 18:16:56 -0600

Hello,

I'm trying to get an external method to create an object.  When I try the
external method defined below Zope says an error has occurred. If I take out
the line thisapp=licapp.licapp() then it prints 'hi' in a browser.  I know
my code is okay because this is something I've built external to Zope and
I'm now trying to get it working with Zope. Is there anyway to get
informative error messages?  All afternoon I've been struggling with 'an
error has occurred' or ' a serious application error has occurred' and not
having a clue what is wrong.  Is there an easier way to develop with Zope
where you actually get useful feedback on what is going wrong?

import Shared.bend.licapp

def makedepts():
	"Create and display deptmartment list"

	thisapp=licapp.licapp()

	return 'hi'

Benjamin L Derstine
Network Administrator
Real Education, Inc.
10200 A East Girard Avenue
Denver, CO 80231

e-mail:  bend@realeducation.com
phone:  303-873-7400
fax:  303-873-7449

http://www.realeducation.com

"The Leader in Online Education over the Internet"