[Zope] Re: Re: Adding a new data source to Zope

Andrey V Khavryutchenko akhavr@compchem.kiev.ua
09 May 1999 23:56:45 +0300

Hi, Michel!

From> Andrey V Khavryutchenko [mailto:akhavr@compchem.kiev.ua]
[other datasource]
>>  If you're adventurous, you may try my module for storing/retrieving
>> data from any data source.  Available at
>> http://www.kbi.kiev.ua/projects/python-oordb.shtml
>>  Though, it was first created to interface mysql database, it is
>> designed to use user-defined store/retrieve functions, so it might be
>> used with any datasource.

MP> This reminds me to get on the ball, I haven't rad this oordb document
MP> yet, just glanced at it, it looks interesting.

Thanks.

I have to say, that I've not used it with Zope, but with the previous
version, bobo.  It should plug without any problems ;) but it may lack some
reader/writer functions for internal Zope classes.

MP> In either case, you might want to wait for ZODB3, which is probably
MP> going to be much easier for you to extend in this way.  See:

MP> http://www.zope.org/pipermail/zope/1999-April/006175.html

MP> For the ZODB3 UML documentation.

Yes, I've read this document, but my module is the offspring of commercial
project and, at the end of 1998, when I was starting to design it, ZODB3
wasn't still usuable in any, but test environment.

--
SY, Andrey V Khavryutchenko  http://www.kbi.kiev.ua/~akhavr
Freelance Software Engineer  Visit my site

Shick's Law:
	There is no problem a good miracle can't solve.