[Zope] ZClasses

Tom Deprez Tom.Deprez@uz.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue, 11 May 1999 14:47:44 +0200

Hi,

I find it very great that now I can make my own Z Objects very easely. I'm
only not so sure when to use ZClasses. Pardon me, for questioning this, but
it seems that I still don't have the right view for working with Zope and
it's Classes.

I can imaging that using ZClasses is great for people working on the Zope
web application. Correct? But, I don't see any possibilities to let end
users, use ZClasses. But, I guess, I'm again wrong on that point.

Can somebody clearefy my mind about this with an example :

I take the example Amos gave : i.e. The CDProduct ZClass.

We've created it, so now it's pretty easy to create a Z CDProduct all over
the Zope web application. But how can you use this for the end-users.

Let's say, I want to be able to let people enter CD's into a database. Then
Z Classes aren't usable? Do you then have to create forms like we do now?

Isn't it possible to let the user browse to a ZClass, the ZClass
automatically creates a form which the user then can fill in. The data is
sended back and a database is updated. I've read the Trinkets tutorial, but
I don't understand it quiet well... Can you store ZClasses with a container?

Tom.