[Zope] Midgard

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Tue, 11 May 1999 16:25:32 +0200

At 14:20 11/05/99 , Oleg Broytmann wrote:
>Hello!
>
>    Anyone saw the announcement of Midgard free Web Applications platform?
>URL is http://midgard.greywolves.org/
>    They mention DTML as a method to extend their Syle system.

Midgard seems primarily a template system, not an application platform.

You _need_ Apache, PHP3 and MySQL for Midgard. It still leans heavily on
PHP. They want to extend database support, but that isn't there yet.

You cannot extend Midgard as easily as you can Zope. Take a look at the
latest CVS of ZClasses, it now supports sub-classing of UserFolder, User,
FOlder, Image, File, DTML Method and DTML Document objects. Think User
objects are too limited? Extend them!

Midgard's authentication system is fairly limited. I'd miss acquisition!

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer