[Zope] Competitors

Tom Deprez Tom Deprez" <tom.deprez@village.uunet.be
Thu, 13 May 1999 12:16:27 +0200

I think Zope is getting some pretty competitors....

Gist, works object oriented, and can connect to different databases...

Only, at the moment, Zope is the only one who can run with several http
servers.... altough Zope prefers Medusa or ZopeHTTPServer, because running
Zope with Apache (or others) isn't that easy to accomplish. And probably has
some more features I don't know or think at the moment

I want to stress out, one important point. If you want that customers use
your product, then you've to give them a lot of examples of what the product
is capable. Examples, examples, examples.... don't forget this! This is the
most important thing! (examples and documentation).

If you've a great product, with lots of features, but don't let people see
how they can use these features, people will turn to another product. Even
if your product is better then the competitor. It's always been like this
and it will always be that way.

So, when launching Zope 2.0, dress up the Zope website with lots of
screenshots and an unbelievable amount of clear examples. Ranching from the
simplistic to the advanced...

Regards, Tom.