[Zope] Apache/Zope/NT: Can't login to management screens

Rob Page rob.page@digicool.com
Thu, 13 May 1999 23:12:58 -0400

>  I am using Apache/Zope/NT and I can't login to the
>  management screens.
>  Zope works fine (http://128.187.42.171/cgi-bin/ZAEM.exe/)
>  but when I type my
>  username and password it doesn't let me in. I've checked the
>  user/pw in the
>  access file an it is correct.
>
>  I've tried adding this lines to the httpd.conf file:
>
>  # Zope configuration maps /Zope/ to the Zope.cgi CGI script
>  RewriteEngine on
>  RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization}  ^(.*)
>  RewriteRule ^/Zope/(.*)
>   "d:/apache/cgi-bin/ZAEM.exe/"$1
>   [e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]

Here's my RewriteRule:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization} ^(.*)
RewriteRule ^/Zope/(.*)
/PROGRA~1/APACHE~1/Apache/cgi-bin/Zope1102.exe/$1
[last,e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,L]

I struggled with this for a WHILE.  Try taking out the drive letter and
quotes.  I think as long as your ServerRoot directive is correct it will
"remember" the drive letter for the RewriteRule.

--Rob