[Zope] Zope under Linux -- duh?

Alexander Staubo alex@mop.no
Fri, 14 May 1999 05:34:59 +0200

>> Have you guys ran Zope 1.11 under Linux 2.0.x with Python
>1.5.2? I can't
>> get the thing to work.
>
>As of today, we're still only "certifying" 1.5.1, not 1.5.2,
>simply because
>we haven't had the time to really beat 1.5.2 enough to make
>sure it works.
>This will definitely happen after we get back from Linux Expo
>next week.

Unfortunate, but I've downloaded 1.5.1 now and I'll give it a shot.

>> Problem 1: If I try running the version of Python that comes with the
>> Zope sources, I get "bash: ./python: No such file or
>directory". None of
>> our resident Linux experts could explain this, as the file
>was seemingly
>> not corrupted. Naturally the install script does not work because of
>> this, and neither does Zope.
>
>Check your #! header in the files, this can cause that problem
>all over the
>place ;-) It's another one of UNIX's features!

No -- I try running the python binary from the bin directory and I get
this error. It's not a problem with the shell script. (The file was
untarred on a Linux machine so it's not a CR/LF conversion problem --
one mistake I've made at least twice in my life :)

Alexander Staubo
http://www.mop.no/~alex/
mailto:redhand@mop.no