[Zope] LinuxPPC binaries?

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin@texoma.net
Mon, 17 May 1999 09:12:04 -0500

Hello,

I have successfully used both the Zope source to compile and also src.rpms
to build Zope on LinuxPPC R4.1.

Sean Summers has 1.10.2 src.rpms available at:
ftp://starship.python.net/pub/crew/sean/SRPMS

I've been waiting on my new 10.1gb to reinstall LinuxPPC and get it all
going. The latest ppc.rpm that I have available is Zope 1.9.0 I think. I'm
not at my home computer.

The source is not difficult to compile.

The one thing you'll need to make sure about is whether or not your current
Python install has threads. If not you'll need to compile 1.5.1
--with-thread, in order to be able to use ZServer.

I am new enough to Linux that I haven't spent enough time to know how to
build rpms yet.

Currently rpms are not keeping up with the latest source releases. And
unfortunately I am not in a position to help. :(

Currently I am anxiously awaiting LinuxPPC R5 which will bring us up to
RedHat 6.0 specs. :)

Hope this helps.

Jimmie Houchin