[Zope] Netscape Composer (was Re: [Zope] ZServer Problems)

Tim Hawes tim.hawes@ncmail.net
Mon, 17 May 1999 12:14:06 -0400

--------------980FDBD1CA3B748057E25400

Amos Latteier wrote:

> At 12:03 PM 5/14/99 -0400, Tim Hawes wrote:
> >I  have ZServer up and running on both Solaris 2.6 and Linux.
> >I have noticed that both on Solaris and Linux, I can ftp to the ZServer and
> >create folders, but I cannot change to nor see the folders and files already
> >there.
>
> Hmm. This is pretty odd. I've never encountered invisible items before. As
> a basic recipe for figuring out what's going on I suggest:
>
>   * Make sure you have the latest ZServer from CVS
>   * Make sure that the permissions are set reasonably, ie 'FTP access' is
> enabled for the user you are logging in as.

I tried the most recent CVS version of ZServer this morning. I can FTP, see and
move around objects,
but the server dies after I disconnect. WebDAV no longer works properly, either.
I will wait some more before taking it on, again, given that it is not a
production release, yet.

> If things still don't work please file as complete a bug report as possible
> in the collector (http://www.zope.org/Collector/)

Would love to, but I am also busy managing a current release of Zope (among my
other jobs here at work). I do have an issue here with trying to use Netscape
Composer to publish data to Zope v. 1.10.2. I either get a network error from my
browser, or Zope tells me the service is temporarily unavailable.

All I find in the pcgi log file is:

Mon May 17 10:44:37 1999
  pcgi-wrapper: Error reading stdin

My web server is Netscape Enterprise v. 3.6.1. Platform is a Sparc Solaris 2.6,
and publishing to 'non-Zope' directories on the server is no problem. Any ideas?
I suspect it may be an Enterprise issue, but not sure. This is one I would make
time to enter into the collector.

--

Tim Hawes
tim.hawes@ncmail.net