[Zope] Followup on custom object management

Jim Harrison jhrsn@pop.pitt.edu
Mon, 17 May 1999 16:02:19 -0400

In followup to Alex Schad's question, what is the best way to learn about
Zope's internal methods for managing objects so that we can write custom
management pages for users, as Jordan Baker suggests?

I'm currently working with Confera and I'd like use it to set up a
workflow system where users can edit or delete previous entries using a
custom screen to manage the messages. I'm having difficulties with both
the content and security of the management pages--since they don't appear
as DTML documents in the Confera topic folder (I guess they're Python
methods), I can't find their template contents to inspect or visualize
their position in the object hierarchy.

Obviously, I'm an abject newbie. Zope looks like it has some fantastic
features and if I can just get enough of the object model into my head, I
think I'll be OK.

Zope 1.10.2 and Confera 1.2.0 on WinNT.

Thanks,

Jim Harrison

James H. Harrison, Jr., MD, PhD
Division of Pathology Informatics
Department of Pathology, Univ. of Pittsburgh Health System

C920 PUH, 200 Lothrop Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15213

jhrsn@pop.pitt.edu | voice: 412-647-5529 | fax: 412-647-9588

"If you want sense, you'll have to make it yourself!!"-Norton Juster