[Zope] Followup on custom object management

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Tue, 18 May 1999 10:25:26 +0200

At 22:02 17/05/99 , Jim Harrison wrote:
>In followup to Alex Schad's question, what is the best way to learn about
>Zope's internal methods for managing objects so that we can write custom
>management pages for users, as Jordan Baker suggests?
>
>I'm currently working with Confera and I'd like use it to set up a
>workflow system where users can edit or delete previous entries using a
>custom screen to manage the messages. I'm having difficulties with both
>the content and security of the management pages--since they don't appear
>as DTML documents in the Confera topic folder (I guess they're Python
>methods), I can't find their template contents to inspect or visualize
>their position in the object hierarchy.
>
>Obviously, I'm an abject newbie. Zope looks like it has some fantastic
>features and if I can just get enough of the object model into my head, I
>think I'll be OK.
>
>Zope 1.10.2 and Confera 1.2.0 on WinNT.

You'll find the complete Confera interface in the following subdirectory of
your Zope installation: lib/python/Products/Confera/

All files with the dtml extension define DTML interfaces.

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer