[Zope] Re: [ZDP] Re: [Zope] Zope vs CVS (Re: [ZDP] OpenContent issues)

Howard Clinton Shaw III shawh@sths.org
Wed, 19 May 1999 11:22:47 -0500

On Wed, 19 May 1999, Ross J. Reedstrom wrote:

> To continue the CVS comparison, the _next_ step is some form of diff -
> not only 'what Object changed' but 'how did it change?'

There's another point. CVS allows you to jump to any point in time, and allows
branches. Transactions let you jump back only, can't jump forward again, no
branches.

How about letting Versions be applied without closing the Version, and allowing
a Version to be generated from a folder in the ZODB at a point in time. (I.e.
makes the Version a copy of, or view into, the contents of a folder at a given
instant.)