[Zope] OT: Server Question

Rob Page rob.page@digicool.com
Thu, 20 May 1999 11:33:46 -0400

>  I am not buying a modem for this server. If I were to connect my home
>  computer to this server via ethernet and developed my Zope
>  site on this
>  server, while in development could ZServer access the
>  internet (provided I
>  am currently connected) through my Mac's modem?

AFAIK, only if your Mac was running some sort of Network Address
Translation (NAT) software.  Linux does this rather well (embarassingly,
when we moved offices recently the whole LAN was dialed into a single
ISP account at something like 44kbps using RH5.2).  I think there is a
NAT How-To in the Linux Doc Project...  I think...

--Rob