[Zope] Zope in German Linux mag + some remarks/questions

Tom Schwaller tom.schwaller@linux-magazin.de
Fri, 21 May 1999 11:56:59 -0100

Paul Everitt wrote:

> Zope2 will supply a facility to have multiple "Storage Managers" in the
> same Zope, where some of the Storage Managers are *not* multiple
> revision types.

uff :-)

> > 3. I do not have a clue how I can implement a search interface
> > for the website I did? Some pointers to the docs or maybe
> > a simple example would really be nice?
>
> The ephemeral Catalog.  Plan for June.  You'll be pleased with the
> results.

Nice to be in a very safe boat while travelling over the ocean :-)

> > 4. My Data.bbb - file will be around 300 MB. Is this a problem?
> > I remember an email which mentions that Zope has
> > no problem with big datasets, but how big was that number?
>
> We've gone over a gig.  (For you folks that wondered what the
> Data.bbb.index file was for, it is to speed up cranking up Zope with
> huge datasets.)
>
> Perhaps aggressive packing (e.g. daily) can help?

ok, while packing the site is not available as far as I see,
but I'll try that..

> > 5. Developping with Zope is just fun, although my learning
> > curve was quite steep :-)
>
> We don't make it easy enough, though the ZDP and Amos are working on it!

jep, hope we could make our little contribution for making Zope
better known here ..

--

Tom
Linux Magazin