[Zope] getting <!-- --> sections to 'render' from an external method...

Ross J. Reedstrom reedstrm@rice.edu
Fri, 21 May 1999 14:00:01 -0500

Tony McDonald wrote:

> I see what you mean. I don't want to pass a variable to the external
> method, I want the external method to put a 'wrapper' around the
> content I send it (in this case HTML) and then pass that back to the
> Zope system which will then do any further substitutions/acquisitions
> etc. based upon any DTML that  *may* be returned.

Hmm, I may be off my nut here, but I think you need to pass in the
HTML/potential-DTML, do your stuff to it, then render it by calling its
__call__  method. Or the other way around. Or some such. Or I could be
babbling.

Ross
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer