[Zope] ZODB and large data sets

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin@texoma.net
Mon, 24 May 1999 12:33:18 -0500

At 12:25 PM 5/24/99 -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:

>Jimmie Houchin wrote:
[snip]
>Hm.  You could also try to extend the ZODB 3 FileStorage to split a
>storage over multiple files.  This *might* not be that hard.
>Maybe a MultiFileStorage. I think this would be pretty worthwhile
>and would be willing to give alot of advice to make it happen.

This is an interesting thought.
I'll have to up my ZODB Zen substantially. Not a bad thing.

This could be beneficial for large databases regardless of the OSes
capacity for very large files or hard disk size.

I might have to get CVS going on my system so I can look at this. :)

>> My Zope Zen may have much growing to do, but I'm sold on Zope. :)
>
>Yee ha! :)

Golly, y'all say 'yee ha!' in Virginia too!  :)

Thanks.

Jimmie Houchin

[snip]