[Zope] ZOPE, Medusa and the ZD WebBench 3.0 test suite...

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Mon, 24 May 1999 13:40:49 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 24 May 1999, Jim Salmons wrote:

> Despite whatever we and Twain may think about benchmarks in general, from a
> marketing/sales standpoint saying "We don't believe in benchmarks and none
> are appropriate for our technology," does not go over very well with
> potential client/customers. (Nor do non-standard tests go over well since
> they don't allow "comparative shopping.")
>
> My experience is that it is much better to at least subject yourself to such
> "standard benchmarks" and have a compelling "footnotes and explanations" to
> address any mismatch between your technology and an industry benchmark.

I would agree with Chris that benchmarks are generally biased but you are
right they are essential for marketing purposes. So why not give them
marketing non-sense ;-) I mean run medusa, just pure medusa no Zope to
serve static html pages, and even better cache the pages in memory. It is
Zope's web server after all.

Talking nonsense

Pavlos