[Zope] Re: Apache/Zope Newbie How-To (maybe....)

Randy Edwards redwards@golgotha.net
Tue, 25 May 1999 18:31:02 -0400

   Thanks to all who responded to my newbie pleas.  It's very much
appreciated.

   Well, Zope's up and running -- which is both good and bad.  Good because
it's now looking more interesting than ever; bad because I've got a lot of
work to do! :-)

   Unfortunately, I'm not sure exactly what the problem was.  I went through
many different installs and configurations/reconfigurations.  My final
configuration that I've settled on uses apache-ssl and no browser
authentication.

   I'm thinking (maybe wishful thinking, but...:-) that I had the
configuration right several times and that probably the single biggest item of
correction was Chuck's suggestion to kill the python processes to force a
clean restart.  I was killing Apache like a crazed cowboy after every config
file edit, but never thought to do the same to python.

--
 Regards,                | Debian GNU/ __      o  http://www.debian.org