[Zope] Re: Apache/Zope Newbie How-To (maybe....)

Chuck Mead chuck@moongroup.com
Tue, 25 May 1999 21:50:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 25 May 1999, Randy Edwards spewed into the bitstream:

>    Thanks to all who responded to my newbie pleas.  It's very much
> appreciated.
>
>    Well, Zope's up and running -- which is both good and bad.  Good because
> it's now looking more interesting than ever; bad because I've got a lot of
> work to do! :-)
>
>    Unfortunately, I'm not sure exactly what the problem was.  I went through
> many different installs and configurations/reconfigurations.  My final
> configuration that I've settled on uses apache-ssl and no browser
> authentication.
>
>    I'm thinking (maybe wishful thinking, but...:-) that I had the
> configuration right several times and that probably the single biggest item of
> correction was Chuck's suggestion to kill the python processes to force a
> clean restart.  I was killing Apache like a crazed cowboy after every config
> file edit, but never thought to do the same to python.

I'm telling you man... 4 in the morning and I was absolutely spitting bullets
when I realized that had been my hang up for at least the last two hours!
Sheesh!  I'm glad you got it running... it does look interesting doesn't it!?!

Cheers!
--
Chuck Mead, CTO - Moongroup Consulting, Inc.- http://www.moongroup.com/