[Zope] OT: Help a newbie install Zope 2.0!

Chris Petrilli petrilli@digicool.com
Wed, 26 May 1999 09:43:44 -0400

> [Question about newbie installing 2.0alpha]

For the same reason that we will *not* provide binaries of the alpha
releases (and may only provide them for later betas and "release
candidates"), alpha are certainly not a good place to start for someone
new to Zope, especially if you do not have extensive experience with
Python and whatever platform you are running on.  This only begs to have
all kinds of problems related to issues outside our control.

I would recommend you start with 1.10.2, as there is plenty in there to
get your head wrapped around before delving into the new features of 2.0
... even once 2.0 is RELEASED, it is still a x.0 release, and therefore
is really only for those people who NEED to be on the bleeding edge
(i.e. because they'll need ZClasses, or some such), rather than a
general populace release.

Chris