[Zope] DTML Document Properties strangeness

Martijn Faassen M.Faassen@vet.uu.nl
Mon, 31 May 1999 14:47:48 +0200

Hi there,

I've posted about this before but didn't get a satisfactory answer yet.
I'm using an external method with a DTML Document, and inside that
external method I want to look at the properties of the DTML Document. I
keep having problems with it so I reduced the problem to the following.
I have this external method:

def getPropertyIds(self):
    return self.propertyIds()

Inside a DTML Document I have this:

<!--#var standard_html_header-->
<!--#var standard_html_footer-->

I would expect these two to give the same list of property ids, but
instead the external method returns the list of properties in the
*folder*, not in the document (like <!--#var "propertyIds()"--> does).

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug? A related question: is
there a way to check if a property id (acquired from the folder *or*
defined locally in the DTML Document) exists or not (and get at its
contents), from within an external method? hasProperty is not working
well either...

Regards,

Martijn