[Zope] problems sorting with in-tag

Larry Luther l.luther@acm.org
Mon, 31 May 1999 13:57:15 -0700

I too have spent two days trying to do exactly this.

I tried:  <!--#in aTinyTable sort="<--#var sortby-->"-->

I eventually found on the zope.org site under Advanced DTML the
statement that the above is illegal and that you really don't
need it.  They didn't offer any further explanation!

Martijn's response explains why it can't be done, and offers
the solution that one could use conditionals to select
different #in alternatives.  This didn't work for me either.
I believe because an #in must be matched by a #/in within
an enclosing conditional.

My problem is combinatorially worse because I wish to add
filters to the #in also.

Apparently the developers didn't notice this problem because
they always create tables in an SQL database and rely on a
SQL method to do the sorting and filtering.  Come to think
of it I remember seeing a database that could use comma
separated fields like TinyTable does.  Maybe that has a
SQL interface.  The hunt goes on...

    Larry