[Zope] Multiple ZCatalog search (was: Various questions (long).)

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Wed, 03 Nov 1999 09:07:56 +0100

At 02:19 03/11/99 , Stuart 'Zen' Bishop wrote:
>On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, Otto Hammersmith wrote:
>
> > On the other hand would it make sense (or is is possible
> > already) to "chain" ZCatalogs?
>
>Its not possible yet. A product needs to be written that
>duplicates the ZCatalog interface, and simply returns the
>results from a list of registered Catalogs - fairly simple
>but down in my list of priorities so any volunteers? :-)
>The only tricky thing would be deciding if the indexes and meta
>data are going to be the _intersection_ of all registered ZCatalogs,
>or the _union_ of all registered ZCatalogs. In theory, you should
>be able to add any searchable instances to such a product (ZSQL methods
>etc).

Except that ZCatalogs at the moment do not correctly support the Searchable
interface. The _searchable_result_columns method returns information about
the indexes instead of the columns returned from a search.

Also, the returned results do not support a _searchable_result_columns
method themselves, which all other Searchable objects do.

This has been filed to the collector.

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer