[Zope] Java Port of DTML

Luciano Ramalho luciano@hiper.com.br
Thu, 04 Nov 1999 17:08:07 -0200

At 13:06 03/11/99 -0500, Phillip J. Eby wrote:
>* ExtensionClasses: ZPublisher and DTML are the only parts of Zope that can
>work without ExtensionClasses (and DTML performance suffers without the
>MultiMapping extension).

This is encouraging! We've been thinking about porting just the DTML module
to Java. We have a large client who is committed to Java Servlets for most
of their transactional applications, but have deployed Zope for part of
their editorial content. We have been studying the feasibility of porting
DTML either to JPython or to Java directly. We believe DTML is a very smart
approach do HMTL server-side scripting, and making it available on the Java
platform could convert more people to Zope in the long run.

Is anyone else interested in taking part in such an effort?

Best regards,

Luciano Ramalho