[Zope] sample site

Bill Anderson bill.anderson@libc.org
Tue, 02 Nov 1999 00:02:40 -0700

Geoff Nordli wrote:

> With the Knowledge kit example it includes the orginization
> of articles (knowlegdge base), and it includes adding
> entries (knowledge base entry).  How would I set it up
> to allow users to add entries?

The FAQ part already has this feature, and the KnowlegeBase part has the
beginnings of it. You could lookk at the code for the FAQ; it shouldn't
be too hard to figure out.

I want to improve the KB part ittself before adding in the User Support
that is in the FAQ code.

> What about stuff like a search form?

The FAQ and KB entries (and IIRC the Bases themselves) are GatalogAware,
so you should be able to index them with a Catalog object, just as any
other. 2.0 will have some of this integrated better.

> As far as Ideas go.  It would be great to see the categories
> shown in a tree view.  The user could expand on a category to
> see all the knowledge articles.

The problem with doing a tree is that it would be basically useless in a
site that standard_html_header used a tree tag, since you can (AFAIK)
still only have one tree per page. Otherwise, A tree would be cool to
have.

Thanks for the suggestions, I continue to work on The KnowledgeKit, and
appreciate them.

Bill

--
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the
Wright brothers.  But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown." -- Carl