[Zope] MySQL and Zope

Magnus Heino magnus@vuab.net
Tue, 02 Nov 1999 08:57:09 +0100

> BTW, The MySQL developers will be adding transaction support.  It would be
> nice to be ready for that than to have to catch up.  If you look at their
> current TODO list, Transactions is #2 on the "Near Future"  In general,
> their near futures have been quite near.  :-)

If you scroll down a bit on that page, it says;

"
F.3 Some things we don't have any plans to do

     Transactions with rollback (we mainly do SELECTs, and because we
don't do transactions, we can be much quicker on everything else). We
will support some kind of atomic operations on multiple tables,
     though. Currently atomic operations can be done with LOCK
TABLES/UNLOCK TABLES but we will make this more automatic in the future.
"

So I really dont know what they mean...?

/Magnus Heino