[Zope] Can not search the chinese word in ZCtalog using TextIndex

Ethan Fremen mindlace@majordomo.net
Tue, 02 Nov 1999 18:31:20 +0000

Sheng Lan wrote:

> I read the How-To: Z Catalog Tutorial and test the sample
> ( http://www.zope.org/Documentation/How-To/ZCatalogTutorial )
>
> I create a searchable catalog of CDs,and write some chinese word in
> description field using fulltextindex,but in Z search interface I fill
> description field this chinese word,I can not find any item , I can find the
> english word. who can help me,thanks

Michel P. from digicool can:

Zope 2.0.1 does not come with the localization code, the next release
(and the CVS, and Chris mentioned) will.  You are doing everything
correctly, you just need to be using the new Catalog.

If you're daring, you can check out a CVS copy and replace 2.0.1's
lib/python/Products/ZCatalog with the checkout.  Note that you will also
need to replace the contents of lib/python/SearchIndex.

The new catalog will automatically sniff your LC_ALL env variable and
call the posix function to set the locale.

Now, whether or not this will do anything is yet to be tested.  Perhaps
you can help us with that.  According to our analysis, it should work
for you, but we are not in a position to put it to a real world test.

-Michel

--
Ethan "mindlace" Fremen
you cannot abdicate responsibility