[Zope] How-To: Roxen Challenger and Zope

Bill Anderson bill.anderson@libc.org
Tue, 02 Nov 1999 16:33:56 -0700

Magnus Heino wrote:

> Hiya.
>
> I just wrote the "Roxen Challenger and Zope" HowTo.
>
> Since I know that some of you have installed Roxen and Zope lately, I
> would appreciate any comments you may have before I make it public.
>
> http://www.zope.org/Members/magnus/Roxen
>
> /Magnus Heino

Pretty nice, though it would be nice to have the rewrite rules available
(if you've figured them out) for getting the Zope.cgi out of the uRL.
I've been working on them with no satisfactory result yet :-(

I would add for those doing virtual hosting through apache, that Roxen
provides a _really_ nice way of doing it, without restarting the whole
server :-) Once I get this working, I have a Roxen/Zope navigation
product in mind :-)

On that note, I seem to recall mention of Zope Enterprise doing stuff
like disabling the python global interpreter lock? What does htis gain
us? I get the feeling it would improve performance for those of us doing
virtual hosting. Am I correct?

--
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the
Wright brothers.  But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown." -- Carl