[Zope] Various questions (long).

Stuart 'Zen' Bishop zen@cs.rmit.edu.au
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 12:19:29 +1100 (EST)

On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, Otto Hammersmith wrote:

> On the other hand would it make sense (or is is possible
> already) to "chain" ZCatalogs?

Its not possible yet. A product needs to be written that
duplicates the ZCatalog interface, and simply returns the
results from a list of registered Catalogs - fairly simple
but down in my list of priorities so any volunteers? :-)
The only tricky thing would be deciding if the indexes and meta
data are going to be the _intersection_ of all registered ZCatalogs,
or the _union_ of all registered ZCatalogs. In theory, you should
be able to add any searchable instances to such a product (ZSQL methods
etc).

> My second question is on AUTHENTICATED_USER. What

Have a look at BasicUser in lib/python/AccessControl/User.py.
The AUTHENTICATED_USER instance will be a subclass of BasicUser

 ___
   //     Zen (alias Stuart Bishop)     Work: zen@cs.rmit.edu.au
  // E N  Senior Systems Alchemist      Play: zen@shangri-la.dropbear.id.au
 //__     Computer Science, RMIT 	 WWW: http://www.cs.rmit.edu.au/~zen