[Zope] pcgi,zope,apache

alan runyan runyaga@thisbox.com
Tue, 02 Nov 1999 20:28:31 -0600

ok.  i am trying to get apache to work w/ zope.
with lots of help from #irc I've gotten it this
far.. and I couldnt find any info in the mailing
list about this.

my whole site is zope and I am using apache.
my rewrite rule comes out to be:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteLog /var/log/httpd-rewrite.log
RewriteLogLevel 9
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization}  ^(.*)
RewriteRule ^(.*)
/usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/Zope.cgi/$1 \
[e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]

the last line, of course is on one line (\ is not
really there just signifying where following line
should start).

now what happens is crazy:
when I goto www.mydomain.com/ I get apache (bad)
when I goto mydomain.com// I get zope  (good)
when I goto mydomain.com/manage I get zope mgmt
(great)

I can traverse url's fine.. just the bloody
index_html wont show up!

why is it acting this way?  its tired... err I'm
tired.. very tired..
has anyone figured out how to get Zope workign w/
Roxen?  is it easier than this?

to get it to work when i just type mydomain.com/
and get Zope all hell breaks lose - the mgmt page
gets files not found, etc..

that rewrite rule is essentially:  ^/(.*)
/usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/Zope.cgi$1
which doesnt do anything but give me zope on
mydomain.com/

ok.. my stuff is working now (hmmmm.. being this
late..)... oh well who cares.  IT WORKS!
definetly keep tabs on http-rewrite.log..

cool stuff.. sorry this msg went no where

--
~alan