[Zope] MSWord Product...

Ben Leslie benno@sesgroup.net
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 05:01:53 +1100

> Magnus,
>
> I have a set of external methods that do just what you want,  The documents
> are converted into a XMLDocument put into Zope and are then searchable via
> ZCatalog.
>
> The script runs on NT since it uses a com interface to Word to do the work.
>
> Works beautifully though.
>
> http://media-1.ml.uwcm.ac.uk/test/frameset to see it.
>
> If you would like a look at the scripts, mail me privately.
>
> HTH
>
> Phil
> phil@wigwamweb.net

Another option is the word->html conversion program. I don't have the
url but just search on (www.freshmeat.net)

The results I have seen are reasonably good, probably not perfect though.
If layout it critical I would suggesting converting to PDF using the Adobe
Acrobat (unfortuntely this is quite expensive :( )

Benno