[Zope] ODBC DA

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@digicool.com
Thu, 04 Nov 1999 10:24:26 -0500

On 11/3/99 7:24 PM, Jay, Dylan at djay@lucent.com wrote:

> Currently the ODBC DA doesn't handle transactions to Level3 and therefore is
> a major performance bottleneck on my sites. The reasoning for it not going
> to level 3 I believe is because the ODBC spec doesn't state whether it is
> thread safe or not. Surely some ODBC implementations must be thread safe. If
> anyone knows which ones are could they say and then maybe we could have an
> option in the ODBCDA to which level of transaction support we use.

That's not why :-) THe reason is that our approach to implementation was
flawed for thread-safety.  We are currently undertaking a new X/Open CLI
interface that will work with all libraries compatible with that---including
ODBC.  Thread safety will be a check box, rather than automatic decision.

Chris