[Zope] New Web Content application

Michael Hirsch hirsch@z2i.com
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 12:15:19 -0500 (EST)

Michel Pelletier writes:
 > Arnaud Lecat wrote:
 > >
 > > Made by the Java Apache Project
 > >
 > > http://java.apache.org/cocoon/
 > >
 > > I think I'm gonna stop developing Dynamic Web ! Each week there's a new
 > > tool that is released :( I'll train goats and sheeps instead...
 >
 > What's interesting is that the very first *initial* version of Cocoon
 > was 1.0.  So although it sounds like 1.5 is mature, in the real world
 > it's only 7 months old and there's only been 8 releases.  I wonder if
 > this was intentionally done to accelerate it into the market.

They are actually pretty upfront about this.  From about halfway down
the homepage:

    In this direction it must be understood that Cocoon 1.x should be
    considered a proof of concept rather than a software usable for
    real web sites. In fact, the Cocoon projects aims to gather as
    much information as possible during it's first generation while
    its second generation, starting from Cocoon 2.0, will aim to be a
    usable and real-life publishing framework. See the Cocoon 2
    outline to understand the design plans already established.

--
--Michael