[Zope] Nesting <dtml-in>

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Sat, 06 Nov 1999 13:35:29 -0500

David S. Harrison wrote:

> Is it possible to nest <dtml-in> constructs such that the inner
> structure still has access to the data in the outer structure?
> My reading of the DTML guide seems to indicate that the answer
> is no.  It appears that the name of the item for iteration
> is "sequence-item" at all levels.

The answer is yes, each nested level of tags adds a new namespace to the
DTML Nspace stack, a name is looked up in each Nspace on the stack until
and attribute is found.  Therefore, the innermost 'sequence-item' is
returned instead of the outermost.  Stuart and Sam posted two great
examples of how to move the name your looking for to another name with
the <dtml-let> tag.

-Michel