[Zope] Job Opportunity in Beijing, China

thomas thomas@madeforchina.com
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 14:34:23 +0800

Dear List,

I hope people don't mind me posting a job offer here.
If there are alternative media/channels that I should
have gone through, I apologise and will use those in
future. Trying to be as complete/comprehensive as
possible in this post, I thought I'd base it on a couple
of previous posts (apologies to those people involved) :

madeforchina.com is also recruiting for a web developer or three
to work with us. Our technology mainstays are freebsd, apache,
python, mysql, Zope.  We have a website which gets 2-3 million
hits per day and which will be converted entirely to zope.

Familarity with these technologies is a must. Most importantly
we seek self-starters who can, in the words of the Apple ads,
'think different' - take a project or an idea and turn it into
a success. Do what it takes to get it done.. then share in the
rewards.

[In a previous job post Jim Harrison wrote :]
>Our goal is to make the University of Pittsburgh Pathology site
>the premier Medical Pathology site in the nation

Our goal is "world .. " , er, ok, "China domination"

> Plus, IMHO, Pittsburgh is a nice place with a reasonable
>cost-of-living.

We also offer accomodation in Beijing which is IMNSHO an
interesting place to live (as long as you're not a member
of a religious sect/cult) and has an incredibly cheap cost
of living. You'll probably end up speaking Chinese too (if
you don't already) and it's guaranteed to change your life.

[In yet another job post, Bjorn Stabell wrote:]
>We can offer a competitive package, challenging and fun
>work, in a great environment.

We offer probably the best working environment in China.
9 out of 10 dogs prefer their owners working at madeforchina.com

>OgilvyInteractive is expanding rapidly and
>has the unique feeling of a small and exciting internet startup,

madeforchina.com IS a small and exciting internet startup in Beijing.
We're also the best game in town for web consultancy / development.
Admittedly, it is a very small town.

>but with
>the safety of a big company.

OTOH, we offer all the high risks and high rewards of an Internet
startup - with the strong emphasis being on "high rewards" - none
of us here intends to have to work all our lives.

> Our clients include foreign multinationals
>(IBM, Nokia, Kraft, ...) as well as many local brands.

Our clients include(d) Excite, IBM (O&M), HP, Nokia, Intel, Lotus, etc

>Applicants should speak and read Chinese.

Applicants do NOT need to speak and read Chinese.
But we assume that anybody who wishes to live in China (even
temporarily) also wishes to learn Chinese :)

Please send all resumes and inquires to me: thomas@madeforchina.com

Thank you.

Thomas Duterme
Tech Manager