[Zope] Creating users in sub-folders

Mike Wright mwright@unidata.ucar.edu
Mon, 08 Nov 1999 12:53:14 -0700

Hi,

I'm getting a behavior in trying to add users to sub-folders that
I don't understand. After looking over the various support & previous
messages, I didn't see a solution. I'm using Zope 2.0.1

I have an "admin" role that has most of the same settings
as the Manager role (including changing permissions and
managing users.) In the top level acl_users are a number
of users assigned to this role. Now, the sub-folder is set
with permissions set to aquire, and the permissions for
"owner" and "admin" set to allow the various changes and
management of users (security view for the sub-folder -
I've tried both with these explicitly set at this level,
and left alone supposedly aquiring the containing folder.)

A user in "admin" can access the sub-folder and do anything
there *except* add a user (going into the acl_users folder
of the sub-folder gives the security page and no content
tab.)

Now, this same user can use the "local-roles" at that security
page and set themselves as an "owner", "admin" or even "manager".
Only if they set themselves as "manager" do they then get
the add user (Contents) page.

It seems odd that a user can't immediatly see the Contents
frame of the acl_users folder, but can go through setting themselves
as manager role and then get the contents frame. Am I missing
something in trying to use the user folders this way, or
is Zope somehow not using the aquired roles right?

Thanks,

Mike.

--
Mike Wright                             Unidata Program Center
Tel: +1 303-497-8654                    UCAR, P.O. Box 3000