[Zope] newbie questions

Stuart 'Zen' Bishop zen@cs.rmit.edu.au
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 21:41:36 +1100 (EST)

On 9 Nov 1999, Arjan Scherpenisse wrote:

> > On the other hand, if index_html is a DTML Document then you would have to
> > change the reference to the Folder to:
> >
> > <!--#var "PARENTS[0].title_and_id"-->
>
> For some obscure reason, this doesnt work. I only get a empty string
> returned.

If you look at the source of the document, you will see it is returning
something - a reference to a function object. Its just that it
is in angle brackets so your browser thinks it is a HTML tag.

The example should read <!--#var "PARENTS[0].title_and_id()"-->, which
actually calls the title_and_id method

> Another question: When i am in some subfolder a/b/c of folder News,
> which is a direct descendant of the root folder, how do i get the id
> of this 'News' folder?

<dtml-with "PARENTS[3]">
    <dtml-var id>
</dtml-with>

Or if you know the id of the News folder ('News'?), then you can try:

<dtml-with News>
    <dtml-var id>
</dtml-with>

This example finds the object with id 'News' via aquisition (so it can be
any number of folders up, provided there are no other objects in the aquisition
path with the same id).

 ___
   //     Zen (alias Stuart Bishop)     Work: zen@cs.rmit.edu.au
  // E N  Senior Systems Alchemist      Play: zen@shangri-la.dropbear.id.au