[Zope] KMMNetNews + Zope 2.01 Crash

Samu Mielonen ex@uiah.fi
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 15:01:46 +0200

I've tried to upload a huge document into a Zclass
instance (a KMArticle created by the KMNetNews product)
using the Zope management interface and the Add button.

According to the class, it should be enable to contain
a FILE object, but uploading a several megabyte file
inside a KMArticle instance caused:

- Long wait while something was being sent from browse to the
  server (perhaps 20 seconds or more), but no enough for the
  whole uploaded image to be transmitted in that time.

- Loss of all response from the Zope server (and the accompanied
  Medusa framework).

Looking at processes inside Linux confirmed my suspisions that
the whole server had gone down (i.e. the process was not running
anymore).

So, my question is:

	1. Did I do something wrong in trying to add a multimegabyte
	   file inside a Zclass instance that was designed to
         contain a FILE object?

	2. If so, what should have I done instead (if I want to
         link from my articles to huge downloadable files)

	3. Is this a bug in KMNetNews or Zope 2.01 or both?

Additional information available on request.

Best regards,
	Samu Mielonen

--
"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis
by using the same thinking that created the situation." - Albert Einstein