[Zope] Collector reports not being visible is annoying

flight@mathi.uni-heidelberg.de flight@mathi.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 17:19:47 +0100

you guys at DC,

I guess it's for security reason's, but I feel it a little bit annoying
that most open bug reports in the collector (the ones "under review")
are not readable for normal humans.

Most other projects have their BTS completely open, and it seems to be
viable. Some would argue that this is what made open source projects so
successful (Debian says "we won't hide our problems").

Perhaps it would be possible to make this review period much shorter
in general, so that each report is checked for immediate security
relevance in one or two days, and is then made readable, even if it was
not yet reviewed in full ?

Perhaps add a checkbox "Potential security risk" to the report form, so
that the reporter can give a hint on the severity of the bug.

The way it currently is, if I want to check problems with ZClasses, there
are 65 reports. More than the half of them is under review, and in
general the subject of the report is not so clear that I can see if it
refers to the problem I'm running into.

    Gregor