[Zope] Jon Udell (Byte) on Linux/ODBC and MySQLDA difficulties

Ian Willis Ian.Willis@kfpw.com.au
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 08:36:23 +1100

I've never used postgresql with zope but I have used it as a back end
for applications. I've also used mysql and Oracle. Mysql and Postgresql
are very different beasts Mysql is fairly fast and light whereas
postgresql is slower and needs more resources. But for sheer flexability
it wins hands down as does its support for big database features, though
unfortunately it is not yet in the same class as oracle for supporting
enterprise environment. I've never had a problem with its reliability in
a production environment as long as you feed and water it enough and are
sensible about when to use a release.