[Zope] Exception ThreadLock.error: 'release unlocked lock'

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@digicool.com
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 08:23:41 -0500

On 11/10/99 6:20 AM, Jeff Rush at jrush@timecastle.net wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Nov 1999 08:58:01 +0100, Martijn Pieters wrote:
>
>> At 08:03 10/11/99 , Teemu Yli-Elsilä wrote:
>>> On Tue, 9 Nov 1999, Martijn Pieters wrote:
>>> What happens is that a few hours after
>>> inactivity (no accesses) Zope is no longer accepting any logins. You can
>>> view the public pages, but UserDb seems to deny all login attempts.
>
>> Can you sure that
>> this inactivity problem is not a time-out within the ZODBCDA/Solid product?
>
> This is most likely a Solid time-out issue.  I believe DAs keep their
> connection
> open all the time, and the SOLID.INI file defaults to a 120-minute inactivity
> timeout on the connection.  A question is whether DAs are supposed to
> be smart enough to reconnect some number of times before giving up.
> This is important for sites that may restart their databases periodically,
> or that have occasional network problems -- it'd be a pain to have to
> manually reconnect each of your Zope DAs each time that happens.
>
> What do the other DAs do and what is the correct thing to do?

Head, pin, kettle, black. :-)

The problem is the state the libraries are left in currently when the server
closes things.  The correct behaviour is that if you try to make a request,
get denied to close the connection, then reopen it.  You can't just reopen
it because the SOLID libraries get hozed in that position.

Chris