[Zope] Using regexes in DTML expressions

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@digicool.com
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 08:26:04 -0500

On 11/10/99 4:46 AM, Duncan Booth at duncan@rcp.co.uk wrote:

> I cannot see any good reason why this change couldn't be included
> in the release so I will submit it to the collector.

Remember that things aren't in the space for multiple reasons... *one* of
them is resource issues.  You can't us range because of this.  're' is
another that can cause HUGE resource problems, as well as allowing people to
easily (and accidentally, I've done it dozens of times) write regexs which
are infinitely recursive and crash the server.    Having said that, I
suppose at some point in the future, it'd be nice to control exactly what is
available in the name-space in a more flexible way, and let individual
administrators decide.

Chris